- An interfaith prayer for Human Rights Day
- Sermon starters (See below for other semon talking points)
- Resources from T'ruah (formerly Rabbis for Human Rights): Human Rights Shabbat
Resources include prayers, sample sermons, children's programs, and text studies.
- Background information and talking points for presenting the Optional Protocol to the Convention Against Torture
- "Islam Condemns Torture" a Khutba (sermon) by Sheikh Abdool Rahman Khan, Religious Scholar at the Islamic Foundation in Villa Park, Illinois.
- A press release from the ICNA Council for Social Justice.
Dec. 8 is the second Sunday in Advent. We’ve prepared sermon talking points to include anti-torture themes into an Advent sermon. Also, you might incorporate Human Rights Day into your candle lighting service – for example, see a liturgy from the Presbyterian Peacemaking Program. Or you could include a petition in the prayers of the people. For prayers you can use or adapt for your church, go to our Christian prayers for Human Rights Day page.
Unitarian Universalist Resources
In collaboration with the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, NRCAT has developed some additional programming and resources specifically for Unitarian Universalist congregations.
Do you have suggestions for materials for other faith groups?