Zero Dark Thirty is a critically acclaimed film nominated for many awards. Unfortunately, the filmmakers chose to imply – inaccurately – that torture led to critical intelligence in the hunt for Osama bin Laden. The movie opened in theaters nationwide on Friday, January 11, 2013.
Torture is immoral, illegal, and counterproductive. Will you help share this message? Sign-up to join the "Fact Not Fiction" campaign and we'll send your more information.
February 17 in Los Angeles - A Faithful Witness Against Torture - Click here for details
How Can You Get Involved?
- Organize a screening of our 20-minute film Ending U.S.-Sponsored Torture Forever in your congregation, on your campus, or at home with friends. Watch the video, download a discussion guide, order a copy of the DVD, and let us know that you will organize a screening.
- Distribute leaflets at local theaters sharing the facts about torture with people who are going to watch Zero Dark Thirty. Download the leaflet and let us know that you will participate.
- Write a letter to the editor. We have prepared talking points for you to use.
- Get names on the "A Call for the Facts" petition. Add your own name and then download it in PDF and take to your congregation or community event to get signatures.
- Distribute our action alert "Release the Senate Intelligence Committee's Report on CIA Torture".
- Are you on Twitter? Use the hashtag #FactNotFiction to share about why you oppose torture and share about the campaign. Tweet this Page
Sample tweets to help get out the word about the campaign:
- Join @NRCATtweets and share why YOU and YOUR religion oppose torture of all kinds. Be sure to use #FactNotFiction
- Torture is immoral, illegal, and counterproductive. Will you help share this message? http://bit.ly/13DmeZo @NRCATtweets #FactNotFiction
- Use our Tell-A-Friend message to ask friends to watch Ending U.S.-Sponsored Torture Forever and get involved in the campaign.
- Learn more about Zero Dark Thirty - Zero Dark Thirty: The Facts and the Fiction fact sheet
- Lean more about the "Fact Not Fiction" campaign through the PowerPoint presentation from our January 10, 2013 webinar launching the "Fact Not Fiction" campaign. Video of the presentation coming soon.
Ending U.S.-Sponsored Torture Forever: A Study for People of Faith Video
Help us share this video with thousands of more people of faith by making a tax deductible donation to NRCAT. You can make a secure online gift here.