Ending prolonged solitary confinement starts with your signature! The National Religious Campaign Against Torture (NRCAT) has launched a national campaign to gather endorsements from people of faith of a statement calling for government officials all across the country to take steps to end the use of prolonged solitary confinement. When we reach 500 endorsers from a particular state*, we will send the statement, along with the list of those endorsers, to that state’s governor and top corrections official, along with every member of that state’s legislature. If we subsequently reach 1000 endorsers in the state, we will send the list again – and so on. In this way, we hope to help strengthen efforts in each state to bring an end to the use of prolonged solitary confinement.
Once you have signed, please continue spreading the word:
- Tell a friend to sign the statement
- Post a link the statement on your Facebook wall – www.nrcat.org/end-solitary
- Download this hardcopy petition of the statement for distribution in your congregation or community
- Download this bulletin insert for distribution in your congregation or community.
- Tweet - Here are some samples:
- Oppose prolonged solitary confinement? Add your name to @nrcattweets petition http://bit.ly/qUZJXa
- Support an end to prolonged solitary confinement. @nrcattweets petition http://bit.ly/qUZJXa
- End Prolonged Solitary Confinement Now - Sign the petition at http://bit.ly/qUZJXa via @nrcattweets
*For states with smaller populations, a smaller numerical goal may be established.